So I recently leveled a second priest to 90, yes a second one don’t judge me, and my goal when she hit 90 was to not do ANY heroics if I could avoid them and just go straight into the LFR. Now sure heroics are totally fine, but I wanted to avoid them. I wanted to avoid the cranky huntards that would misdirect to me and avoid the DPS that although they didn’t need the spirit gear (for instance, a mage) they were going to need the item anyways “because the ilvl is higher). Since MoP has been out for a while now, it’s actually quite easy to avoid heroics.
When I dinged 90 I had an ilvl of 433, so I had quite a ways to go (MSV LFR requires 460!). I had the following items already ready for when I hit 90:
- Gloves of Creation (purchased off the auction house)
- Inscribed Red Fan (purchased off the auction house)
- Gleaming Moth Cuffs (from the guild, we can Heart of Fear a week or so ago and I went n my 90 priest on a different server and they sent these to the priest I was leveling to raid on!)
- Furyheart Treads (from the Sha quest when you kill him)
- Relic of Chi-ji (almost didn’t buy it, but since it’ll be BiS until I get something off Throne of Thunder I figured it was worth the 12k I paid for it)
- Malevolent Gladiator’s Band of Mediation (yes I cheated and bought a pvp ring, I had enough honor when I hit 90 to buy it and I figured the 476 ilvl boost would be nice *cheater*)
- Legacy of the Emperor (guild had the mats to make a 486 chest piece for me!)
- Free Spirit Hood (dropped of Galleon! I had been doing Sha and Galleon weekly but this was the first time an item dropped for me)
When I hit 90 my ilvl was in the high 450s due to the few 496 pieces I had. I ended up buying a pvp crafted shoulder piece and another piece to hit 460 then I was ready for LFR! I had about 5k spirit when I dinged so I was REALLY nervous about healing in LFR. Of course I know how to heal as a disc priest (this is my second one after all) but I was concerned my gear would be an issue. I had my boyfriend go with me on one of his DPS toons just to make me less nervous.
2nd in heals and 35k HPS not bad for bad gear!
So the first boss in MSV went very well and every boss after that. I had no issues healing. I got low on mana but it was never an issue. I was 1st or 2nd in every boss fight even though everyone else out geared me. Before we went into LFR though we unlocked the new dailies (solo scenarios as a healer takes forever) and I had 12 coins going into LFR. I coined every boss and only got 2 pieces I ended up getting a trinket Qin-xi’s Polarizing Seal and the Circuit of the Frail Soul ring and even got a chest piece but it was a downgrade compared to what I was wearing.
After LFR my ilvl was close to the next LFR requirement but not quite there, you need 470 and I was about 466 or so. So I cheated, yes again, and bought some more crafted pvp gear and just kept them in my bags. Now my ilvl is about 474 and I plan on starting the next set of LFR later tonight in hopes of hitting 480 so I can do Throne of Thunder LFR and be ready to raid next week when my guild needs me for Throne of Thunder normal mode
I even began working on a transmog set for her which once completed I’ll post about it here (90 views)